|EXTRA STRENGTH CLAY PIPE|
|DIAMETER (IN)||AREA (SQ FT)||ALLOWABLE MAXIMUM COVER (FT)|
- All Vitrified Clay Pipe is to be Extra Strength
- Maximum heights of cover shown in table are for finished construction
- To protect pipe during construction minimum height of cover prior to allowing construction traffic to cross installation is to be 3.0′. This cover is to extend the full length of the pipe culvert. The approach fill ramp is to extend a minimum of IO (Dia+3) on each side of the culvert, or to the intersection with a cut.
- Minimum finished height of cover to be 2.0′, except pipe under entrances, median crossovers, street and secondary connection where a 9″ minimum will be permitted.
- Method “A” bedding is to be used for all installations unless otherwise designated on plans.
Source: Virginia Department of Transportation